I finally broke down and did it.
I signed up for Weight Watchers Online yesterday.
There comes a point in many people's lives when you look in that mirror and you are no longer tired of what you're seeing. You're plain sick of it.
I'm not the first person to reach this place, and I certainly won't be the last.
Losing weight has been nearly a lifelong battle. I was "heavy" as a kid. I hated going to school and not fitting in because I was a lot bigger than the other kids in my class and rarely got to wear the same styles they did simply because they didn't fit.
I remember my first diet. I was in middle school and I think I was 12 years old. I got this little food diary with all these tips and hints and it came with an exercise video. I don't understand why I couldn't lose the weight then. I tried as hard as I could.
I wasn't lazy as a kid. I had my share of household chores, and because I was an only child, there weren't any other kids to distribute the work among. My Dad build me a swingset with a bar that hung halfway between the top and the ground and rings. I did acrobatics in the yard whenever the weather permitted. We had an above ground pool that I would get into as soon as the weather was warm enough and would spend entire days in the summer swimming in circles around that pool.
Yet the weight remained.
And it's been a problem all my life.
I've tried Adkins and SlimFast and the Quick Weight Loss Center. I've tried counting calories and carbs and fat. I've joined support groups like Overeaters Anonymous and TOPS. I've tried Dexatrim and Hydroxycut. I even went vegan and didn't shed a pound.
I even looked into gastric bypass surgery. It was something I would consider only as a last resort, and I'm getting to that point. I was kind of hoping that it would be covered by my insurance company, yet at the same time I was sort of relived. I've heard what patients have to deal with after the surgery and the complications that can occur. I really didn't want to go through that.
The only thing that worked in the past was Weight Watchers, so I'm giving it another try. I joined in the past and did okay, but I plateaued and just couldn't seem to lose another ounce. I was so defeated by this and by the fact it was costing me $12 a week that I didn't have, I quit.
So what's changed? Well, going Weight Watchers online in conjuction with my insurance coverage is a lot cheaper than going to meetings. (After I signed up, I realized that I could probably be following the POINTS program on my own, but I failed at doing that alone, too.)
I am 260 pounds today. My goal is 140. That's 120 pounds. It seems like that will take forever. Only time will tell.
I signed up for Weight Watchers Online yesterday.
There comes a point in many people's lives when you look in that mirror and you are no longer tired of what you're seeing. You're plain sick of it.
I'm not the first person to reach this place, and I certainly won't be the last.
Losing weight has been nearly a lifelong battle. I was "heavy" as a kid. I hated going to school and not fitting in because I was a lot bigger than the other kids in my class and rarely got to wear the same styles they did simply because they didn't fit.
I remember my first diet. I was in middle school and I think I was 12 years old. I got this little food diary with all these tips and hints and it came with an exercise video. I don't understand why I couldn't lose the weight then. I tried as hard as I could.
I wasn't lazy as a kid. I had my share of household chores, and because I was an only child, there weren't any other kids to distribute the work among. My Dad build me a swingset with a bar that hung halfway between the top and the ground and rings. I did acrobatics in the yard whenever the weather permitted. We had an above ground pool that I would get into as soon as the weather was warm enough and would spend entire days in the summer swimming in circles around that pool.
Yet the weight remained.
And it's been a problem all my life.
I've tried Adkins and SlimFast and the Quick Weight Loss Center. I've tried counting calories and carbs and fat. I've joined support groups like Overeaters Anonymous and TOPS. I've tried Dexatrim and Hydroxycut. I even went vegan and didn't shed a pound.
I even looked into gastric bypass surgery. It was something I would consider only as a last resort, and I'm getting to that point. I was kind of hoping that it would be covered by my insurance company, yet at the same time I was sort of relived. I've heard what patients have to deal with after the surgery and the complications that can occur. I really didn't want to go through that.
The only thing that worked in the past was Weight Watchers, so I'm giving it another try. I joined in the past and did okay, but I plateaued and just couldn't seem to lose another ounce. I was so defeated by this and by the fact it was costing me $12 a week that I didn't have, I quit.
So what's changed? Well, going Weight Watchers online in conjuction with my insurance coverage is a lot cheaper than going to meetings. (After I signed up, I realized that I could probably be following the POINTS program on my own, but I failed at doing that alone, too.)
I am 260 pounds today. My goal is 140. That's 120 pounds. It seems like that will take forever. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment