Got on the scale today and now I'm at 255. Five pounds seems like a drop of water in the ocean of weight I am trying to lose.
My boyfriend and I were on vacation two weeks ago and eating out was a very big challenge. Things that are low in fat and calories in many restaurants isn't always very filling so when I did order from the "healthy alternatives" side of the menu, I found my self ravenous within a couple of hours.
It's also a little hard to figure out what's a low calorie choice. Something that may seem low in calories or fat turns out to be much worse when you sit down and look up the nutritional content. For example, at one particular restaurant I ate a lean cut of steak with a side of vegetables and a baked potato. But once I got home and crunched the numbers I realized that meal was nearly two-thirds of my days allowance of calories. Yikes!
I still have a lot to learn about eating meals that are balanced and filling, yet low in fat and calories.
My boyfriend and I were on vacation two weeks ago and eating out was a very big challenge. Things that are low in fat and calories in many restaurants isn't always very filling so when I did order from the "healthy alternatives" side of the menu, I found my self ravenous within a couple of hours.
It's also a little hard to figure out what's a low calorie choice. Something that may seem low in calories or fat turns out to be much worse when you sit down and look up the nutritional content. For example, at one particular restaurant I ate a lean cut of steak with a side of vegetables and a baked potato. But once I got home and crunched the numbers I realized that meal was nearly two-thirds of my days allowance of calories. Yikes!
I still have a lot to learn about eating meals that are balanced and filling, yet low in fat and calories.
No comments:
Post a Comment